Thursday, September 29, 2011

Award winning Gay author writes travel book about following Gay Mecca Cape Town, South Africa

destination outside of the usual. With his progressive government, beautiful beaches, pulsating clubs, shops and rich heritage of world class, Cape Town is well on its way to the next gay Mecca. The quickie Gay Guide to Cape Town, South Africa is the result of careful research of Perronne, as well as his first foray into travel writing.

Perronne felt compelled to travel to Cape Town research his upcoming new novel. "In 2007, I came up with the idea for a new series of the novel, lost sons, partly in South Africa, a resident of the U.s. South, Perronne, says."I had always been curious about this country on the other side of the world since my great-grandfather emigrated to the United States from Cape Town, South Africa. I knew I had to actually travel there to do justice and hope for some kind of my novel a ring of authenticity.

Admittedly, the author didn't know much about South Africa than a general knowledge of the atrocities of apartheid and a little over's national hero, Nelson Mandela. "As soon as I, a country in the middle of an amazing transition with the most breathtaking landscape that I have discovered. Also I found it remarkable that a country which had in principle a legal caste system until 1994 now one of the world's most liberal constitutions, including the legalization of gay marriage, Perronne says. "The pride of the nation is the hosting of the upcoming 2010 Soccer World Cup from June to July. Many South Africans see this as an opportunity to show the world how much they have come since the days of apartheid.

What also charmed by the author and motivated his writing of quickie Gay Guide to Cape Town, South Africa is thriving gay culture of the city. "Cape Town has slowly emerging as a gay travel destination and I wanted to write a travel guide in hopes of increasing ' gay awarenessabout this fascinating city, Perronne says."The vast majority of locals are eager to please and show off just how far their country. I want to personally thank the people of Cape Town, whose warmth and kindness have touched me in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment